Monday, July 4, 2011

"Time As A Helix" at Split Screen

Time As A Helix of Semiprecious Stones at Split Screen Installation Space


Dividni Shostakovich has asked me to install "Time As A Helix of Semiprecious Stones" at the Split Screen Installation Space as an "interim" work while the featured artists get to building for the next show.

This is a nice offer, because I had to abstract "Time" from its environment for prim and particle considerations at UWA, where it won joint 3rd prize in May as well as the Tornado Gallery prize. The new installation has the sounds and effects that I have set up in Inworldz for this piece.

It is a sketch of midnight walks I did in the deep desert and mountains in California, when I could let my body armor relax and open myself to the vibrant life energies surrounding me.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

For the best experience, turn to Midnight in Environmental Settings. This work features an extensive soundscape so please have local sounds turned up. You also want your Particles set to at least 4096. Right-click on the Grid and SIT, then trail your camera behind you as if you were following your avatar.

Because this is an "interim" installation, I cannot say how long it will be at Split Screen.


3 comments:

sororNishi said...

excellent ... it is such a stunning piece it needs further showing...will pop along there to check it out.

Unknown said...

Needs moar Brony ;-P

Nice to have the full work available, props to Dividni :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. :)